Elva

Elva

Monday 27 May 2013

Brands - other stuff

It was good to see a few people from the Insurance market, some come to see me (thanks for coming!) and some racing themselves. Amongst the latter group, Paul Latimer, racing his MGB in Gentlemen Drivers, and finishing I note, hope you had a good race Paul. Also Jeremy Cooke, racing several cars, hope you also enjoyed your weekend, I haven't had time to trawl through all the results yet to see if you how you went, but if you will race that many cars ...!

Always good to see my ever-supportive brother David, and his two young daughters, hope you tired them out "just enough".

I was hugely disappointed not to see my hero Brian Johnson, of AC/DC, I saw his car a lot, and I saw him in it in the assembly area getting ready to go out, but that's hardly the point at which I was going to approach him! I never saw him in the outer paddock at all.

As I pulled into Parc Ferme after today's race, one of my 'supporters' was waiting there, with another fellow; I assumed they were together, but no, the other chap was an artist, he'd been at the meeting yesterday, taken some pictures of me at Druids, and gone home to paint the picture! He brought it round to show me (well, "sell to me" to be honest). And I really liked it, all the proportions are accurate, and the car is clearly 'in motion', plus it's clearly a particular race, as the car is shown without the rear bodywork, as it ran yesterday, and only yesterday. I bought it! My daughter Emily liked it too, so he said if we send him a photo of her he'll do a painting of her too, for free. He was a nice chap!

I shall leave you with a comment from my Mum, who be 84 this week, and came with us this weekend. She's been around racing cars since the 50's, and has a very good idea what's going on ... So to be told by her, after qualifying: "I couldn't help noticing Dear, but you seemed a bit slower than the others, you know, round that left hander onto the bottom straight". Gee, thanks Mum, you know how to boost my confidence! Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment