Elva

Elva

Friday 24 May 2013

Brands Hatch - The meeting

We have 33 cars entered for this weekend, including 6 Class C cars, only 2 of which are from the UK. American John Delane who won the class at Hockenheim is back, having missed Pau. Peter Knoefel is over from Germany in the Emeryson, Pierre Guichard (who I don't know, but I assume he's french...?) running a car I don't know called a Faccioli; and I'm looking forward to seeing good friend Kim Shearn who's arrived from Australia. Hopefully Kim's Lotus 18 has shown up too ... he emailed me about a week ago to say that the shippers had left his container on the dock in Singapore, but then texted me a couple of days later to say that he'd kicked up such a stink that they had now agreed to fly the car and other stuff over - that's going to have cost the freight forwarders a lot of cash... Of course, I know Kim's Lotus well, because Kim lent it to me to race (initially successfully, then not so ...) at Phillip Island (Aus) last year, it was mighty quick compared to my own car, and now it's been repaired Kim reckons it's going better than ever! If he's going well I'm unlikely to trouble him, but it'll be interesting to see whether he can take the fight to John Delane.

The Lurani round is on the Sunday and Monday of a 3 day meeting called The Masters Historic Festival, day one is just on the short Indy circuit, days 2 & 3 on the Grand Prix circuit. It's a big meeting, with all three of the FIA Historic Championships here, ourselves, Historic Formula One and the new Historic Sports Car Championship. Lots of big grids. The Brands Hatch website is here http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/calendar/2013/may/masters.aspx and The Masters website is here http://www.themastersseries.com/event-information.


No comments:

Post a Comment