Elva

Elva

Sunday 13 October 2013

Jerez - Race Two summary


This will be just a brief update as I'm sitting at Malaga Airport on the way home typing this on my iPhone, so I have a limit before cramp will set into my thumbs!! It was quite a fun race two,  so I will put up a fuller report when I get the chance.

Race Two this morning brought no changes in status quo; the boys assured me that they had found me 5secs improvement in the car overnight, but if they did I wasn't good enough to take advantage of it!

The fuller report will include the amusing finish to my race, but you'll have to wait! Suffice it to say I finished third in class, that gives me 4 points for the weekend, which whilst my poorest return from any round so far, it is good enough to secure 3rd overall in the Championship, mathematically there remains one rival who could tie with me on 44 points, but that's highly improbable; the chances of me improving my own position in the Algarve next weekend are no less improbable.

Delighted to have achieved a podium position overall, even if this weekend has seen me somewhat off the pace. Very grateful to Iain and the boys for getting me to the chequered flag in every race of the championship, even if it has been touch-and-go a couple of times.

More later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment